Welcome, Shaker Faculty and Staff!
The Shaker Schools Foundation has funds you can access for the 2020-2021 school year for projects and activities outside of the District’s budget for this year!
The Shaker Schools Foundation’s mission is simple: To provide resources to enrich the educational experiences of students of the Shaker Heights City Schools.
Help us put our Mission in Motion!
How can we help you help our Shaker students?
Submit a Project Proposal:
Shaker Schools Foundation has a variety of funds that can support projects happening during the 2020-2021 school year and beyond. To request support for your school, grade level, classroom or extra-curricular, please discuss with your administrator and ask them to complete the application below and submit. Funds are limited and certain criteria and restrictions may apply. Requests are generally addressed within 5-10 days, although the timeline may vary with the size and nature of the project. Please contact the Foundation office at 216-295-4329 if you have any questions.
Past Project Support:
Here are just some of the projects SSF supported last year through the help of generous donations from individuals, corporations and grants from other foundations:
- “My Mad Feelings” – a social/emotional learning program for Shaker Pre-K students
- Robotics Inquiry Program for Onaway students
- Sensory Motor Path to help develop fine and large motor skills, visual and brain training for Boulevard students
- Yoga Instruction to enhance mindfulness and well-being for Fernway students
- El Sistema violin instruction and Unity Through Ukulele music programs for Lomond students
- Visiting artists and authors, such as Kathryn Otoshi at Mercer
- COSI on Wheels, providing fun and interactive STEAM learning at Lomond and Onaway
- Spirit wear for Woodbury Cheer Squad students
- Apple iPad for use in science classes at the Middle School
- Latin Novellas for High School students
- Enhancements to the Zen Room to reduce anxiety and stress among High School students
- Travel assistance for SGORR (Student Group on Race Relations) to attend a conference in Washington, DC
- Therapeutic riding program at Fieldstone Farms for Mercer and High School special needs students
- After Prom support to provide a safe venue for High School students
SSF also provided critical support for several larger projects, including:
- New Fanuc Robot and the new Robotics & Manufacturing class at the High School
- A bright, interactive makerspace at Woodbury
- Support for Fernway’s temporary classrooms and new outdoor play space following Fernway’s fire
- Travel assistance for high school international travel to Italy, France and Laos
- Hotspots, headsets, mice and more to support remote and hybrid learning during the pandemic
Team Fundraising Opportunities
Athletic team fundraising opportunities are available through the Shaker Schools Foundation. Click on the button below to read more on how the SSF can help your team achieve their fundraising goals!
For more information, contact Laura Orazi, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-295-4329.