Launch of the New Educational Equity Fund
The Shaker Schools Foundation partnered with the Shaker City Schools to launch the Educational Equity Fund. Initiatives currently underway or in development include:
- Enhance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources for Shaker teachers, administrators, families and students
- Provide additional classroom resources and training to facilitate detracking in mathematics and other subject areas
- Increase programming, such as “Girls Who Code,” to encourage young women in STEM classes and activities
- Expand career pathway opportunities for students through programs such as Entrepreneurship and IT certifications
- Grow a “Mirrors and Windows” K-4 literature initiative that provides students with a mirror to their own culture, or a window into someone else’s experience, through books that reflect diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Continue growing the MAC Scholars and MAC Sister Scholars programs in the middle and elementary grades.
- Increase in-depth programming around Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Pride Month, Asian-Awareness, and Native American history.
The Shaker Schools Foundation invites philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations to support these important programs and initiatives. To contribute to the Educational Equity Fund, or for more information, visit contact Holly Coughlin, Executive Director of the Shaker Schools Foundation at email@example.com or 216.295.4325.
Keep Our Mission in Motion!
Your gift to the Mission in Motion Annual Appeal ensures that our Shaker students have equitable access to outstanding educational opportunities, and provides our talented teachers with the tools and resources they need to educate all of our students.
When you donate to the Shaker Schools Foundation’s Annual Appeal you are supporting:
- Technology and equipment to enhance both online and remote learning
- Innovation – makerspaces, robotics, graphic design tools, and machining
- Teacher grants to support creative learning solutions
- Social and emotional learning
- Entrepreneurship and mentoring
- Fine and performing arts programming
- Equitable access to academics, enrichment, and travel opportunities
- Visiting artists, authors, hands-on science, and cultural field trips
Gifts to our Mission in Motion appeal are unrestricted, which means they can be directed to the buildings, grades, or classrooms within the District with the greatest need at any given time. Whether you give a one-time gift or establish a monthly gift, your support of the Mission in Motion appeal will enhance student engagement, foster collaboration, and ensure opportunity for our students.
Thank you for putting our mission in motion through your support. Visit Our Impact page to see your donations in action!
Thank You for Showing Our Students Some TLC!
Shaker students are back to school, but like many school districts across the nation, we have started our school year with remote learning. That is why the Shaker Schools Foundation launched the TLC “Tech 2 Learn & Connect” campaign to meet the particular needs of elementary students. As identified by Shaker teachers, those needs include providing all K-6 students with high-quality headsets with microphones and new computer mice that are compatible with the Chromebooks issued by the District.
Lomond teacher and Shaker alum, Gretchen Hess, Class of 1982, shares her experience with the new equipment: “I was blown away when I heard that the Foundation would be supplying a headset and a mouse to every student! Most of my students are using the headset and I am grateful each day when I see them using it. Plus, they think it’s super cool!” TLC funds also supported the purchase of magnetic counting boards and letter sets for PreK students, for Read/Write software that helps students at all grade levels with reading fluency, and for additional resources to spark creativity in music and art specials. We are so grateful for the many donations we’ve received from alumni, parents, and community members. To date, we’ve raised more than $42,000 for this purpose.
It’s not too late to participate! The Shaker Schools Foundation will continue to collect funds in this account for ongoing learning needs as a result of the pandemic. Please consider a tax-deductible donation to the TLC Fund. As always, thank you for supporting our students’ success!
New Raider Athletic Center and Dedicated Wrestling Room
Attention Raider Athletes and Fans!
The Shaker Heights City School District, in partnership with the Shaker Schools Foundation, has committed to supporting the development of a new Raider Athletic Center and Dedicated Wrestling Room that will greatly enhance fitness programming for our students. You can view more information about the spaces and goals here. Your gift, along with those from other parents, alumni, and friends, can help provide Shaker students with these important resources for athletics and life-long fitness. Thank you for your consideration!
View more information and “before” and “after” pics here.
Future Raider Athletic Center and Weight Room
Help Support the Shaker Sports Boosters!
The Boosters support all Shaker athletes and all of our teams with the resources they need to excel. Your financial contribution allows Shaker Sports Boosters to enhance the programs and initiatives that support our student-athletes.
Donor Impact Report
This Donor Impact Report is our way of sharing our deep appreciation for your generosity and demonstrating the many ways we put your donations to work in service of our mission.
The Legacy Fund provides a permanent source of income to ensure Shaker’s tradition of excellence continues for future generations. Please call Executive Director Holly Coughlin at 216-295-4329 to discuss gift types, levels and designations.
The Travel Assistance Fund helps Shaker students expand their worldview and experience other cultures through international travel.
The Innovation Fund supports STEAM initiatives that provide hands-on learning experiences in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics.
Other Named Funds provide support for a variety of programs. The full list of funds can be found here.
Ways to Give
The Shaker Schools Foundation welcomes gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations in any amount and in a variety of forms.
Learn more about the Foundation’s different Ways to Give.